Torild Rødland – Painting, drawing and sculpture
The artist has had several exhibitions in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Poland, Lithuania, England and Spain. Most of these have been seperate exhibitions.
The artist has three different forms of artistic expressions:
Torild Rødland is an artist who creates pictures with inspiration from the symbolic- ant myth-world. The large image areas are saturated with strong colors and symbols. Archtypical symbols that have been with people through history emerges from the pictures.
The Sunboat, the wheel of life, the place of sacrifice and fire are often in the pictures. The people in the pictures are characters taking part in an eternal journey, laying in the sunboat, slave to destiny, represented through the wheel of life.
The dreamworld is also strongly present in the pictures, often shown as a figure free-floating , in contact with a bird or a wing.
The eternal journey of the soul is a important theme, often in combinatrion with other symbols from the five elements: earth, fire, water, air and ether.
The large acrylic paintings are well suited for decoration, light up, and load the rooms they are in with colors and dreams. The sculptures are often shown together with the paintings.
- Gallery Elgen, Tynset, Norway, 2012.
- Gallery Kragerø, Kragerø, Norway, 2008.
- Gallery Dalype, Oslo, Norway, 2008.
- Kafe K, gallery and cafe, Porsgrunn, Norway, 2008.
- Gallery Darijaus Popuosalai, Vilnius, Lithuania, 2007.
- Gallery Gardenia, Bærums Verk, Norway, 2007.
- Gallery Gruppe 9, Brevik, Norway, 2007.
- Gallery Pingvin, Oslo, Norway, 2006.
- School on Jomfruland, Kragerø, Norway, 2006.
- Gallery El Campo, Berlin, Germany, 2005.
- Gallery Albin Upp, Oslo, Norway, 2005.
- School on Jomfruland, Kragerø, Norway, 2005.
- Clodion Art Cafe, Oslo, Norway, 2005.
- Gallery Gruset, Finnskogen, Norway, 2004.
- Gallery Osebro, Porsgrunn, Norway, 2003.
- Gallery Elektra, Malaga, Spain, 2002.
- Pasvalys Land Museum, Pasvalys, Lithuania, 2002.
- Gallery Siauliu, Siauliu, Lithuania, 2001.
- Gallery Elogel, Skien, Norway, 2000.
- Gallery Compagniet, Kragerø¸, Norway, 1998.
- Gallery Amfilada, Stettin, Poland, 1998.
- Gallery Albin Upp, Oslo, Norway, 1996.
- Gallery El Taller, Tenerife, Spain, 1995.
- Elverum Skogbruksmuseum, Norway, 1995.
- Gvarv Kunstnerhus, Norway, 1995.
- Gallery Arche, Gdansk, Poland, 1994.
- Heimdal Kunstforening, Norway, 1993.
- Gallery Na Pietrze, Stettin, Poland, 1992.
- Kviteseid Kunstforening, Norway, 1991.
- Bærum Kunstforening, Norway, 1991.
- Nasjonalmuseet i Stettin, Poland, 1991.
- Gallery Gruppe 9, Brevik, Norway, 1987.
- Charlottenborg, Denmark, 1975.
- Gallery Gruppe 9, Brevik, Norway, 2008.
- Gallery Rønningen, Skien, Norway, 2007.
- Hole Artcenter, Hole, Norway, 2006.
- Gallery Gruppe 9, Brevik, Norway, 2006.
- The Drangedal-exhibition, Drangedal, Norway, 2002, 2003 and 2004.
- The Telemark-exhibition, Skien, Norway, 1996, 1999, 2000 and 2004.
- Øvre Verket, Ulefoss, Norway, 1994.
- Sami Dodji, Kautokeino, Norway, 1991.
- St. Nicholas Art Gallery, London, England, 1987.
- Travelling exhibition on Grønland, Færøyene og Iceland, 1978.
- The Royal Porcelainfactory, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1978.
- Stålvalseværket, Denmark, l978.
- AUC, Århus, Denmark, 1978.
- Oliemøllen, Århus, Denmark, 1978.
- Alborg Værft, Denmark, 1977.
- Faaborg Kulturhus, Denmark, 1977.
- Kokkedalen 77, Denmark, 1977.
Decoration on commission
- The Tax Collector’s offices in Telemark, Skien, Norway, 2001.
- Sundbusserne’s ferry terminals, Helsingør and Helsingborg, Denmark, 2000.
- Haugmotun nursing home, Notodden, Norway, 1984.